Strategic Account Manager
The Strategic Account Manager will focus on our top Accounts to maximize the relationship, create to new sales opportunities, and drive the sales process from beginning to close. All done by working hand and hand with the Customer Success team supporting any complex renewals with these accounts as well as other strategic cross sell and upsell opportunities across the customer base. Priority focus for this role is driving new revenue from existing customer base.
- Work with clients to identify, document, and interpret key business requirements and what is best in class for their organization.
- Coach clients on the best practices of Spend Intelligence navigating the solution to identify opportunities for improving their procurement strategy along with Procurement Performance Management on how they can execute their savings plans and communicate the results to their business.
- Ability to help create and sell the ROI story to customers driving value.
- Strengthen our executive relationships with our customers discovering opportunities, managing the selling process as well as ensuring retention.
- Implement and drive a disciplined sales forecasting process; provide weekly, monthly and quarterly bookings forecast.
- Create and clearly communicate account plans, opportunities, and path for success asking for support when needed all with consent and effective communication to management and other team members.
- Drive up sell and cross sell activities as well as support complex renewals when needed.
- Exceeding sales goals on a consistent basis.
- Provide Customer feedback to Product and Go-to-Market teams allowing us to stay ahead of competition as well as develop new core offerings.
- Travel when needed for Customer meetings and sales opportunities.
- 5+ years of relevant and proven professional experience in a similar type role.
- Consistently a top-performer who thrives on achieving and exceeding agreed upon goals; experience networking, organization mapping and building opportunities with existing customers.
- Demonstrated experience in executing a disciplined and process-driven approach in order to successfully and effectively manage the sales cycle from identification to close.
- Track record of success selling complex software solutions to financial and procurement stakeholders, with an average deal size of $50K – $250K.
- Passion for understanding technology and customer success stories, equally matched by passion for understanding prospective customers’ executive priorities, challenges, and goals.
- Experienced at conducting technology demos as part of the sales process.
- Ability to effectively plan and manage multiple projects, tasks, and initiatives simultaneously.
- Ability to organize and collaborate with internal cross-functional teams to establish and execute Enterprise Account plans that pursue customer growth opportunities
- High intellectual horsepower with proven history of learning quickly and ramping to success in a sales role; open to coaching and continuously looking for opportunities to improve; able to showcase a learn-it-all mindset vs. a know-it-all mindset. Thrives in a collaborative arena.
- Procurement, strategic sourcing and/or corporate finance experience with a focus on opportunity identification from spend cubes as well as cost savings programs is a plus (but not required).
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written), including the ability to present comfortably to senior executives both in person and virtually.
- High Integrity, solid character and team building skills
- Excellent board room, communication, and interpersonal skills – gravitas
- Strives for excellent in all facets of life – academically, professional, personally
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred
Salary is commensurate with experience. This is a full-time, salaried position with a competitive benefits package.
Location: Atlanta, GA – may work remote if located in U.S. eastern time zone, but will be expected to travel to HQ about 6-9 times per year.
We want to hear about you!
If you have further questions about the position, or if you want to apply now, please don’t hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org