Decathlon chose SpendHQ’s solution to manage, optimize, and increase procurement’s performance visibility
- World’s largest sporting goods retailer with >2100 stores globally operating in 69 countries
- Founded in 1976.
- Strengthen procurement collaboration and transparency with internal customers
- Enable integrations
- Adoption across the entire procurement team
- Improved reporting capabilities and visibility into procurement action plans
- Common tool for tracking savings and procurement performance
Since its creation, Decathlon’s ambition has been constant. Their mission is to innovate in all areas to provide only the best to all athletes, regardless of ability. With more than 97,000 employees, this family-owned group is reinventing the way consumers approach sports. Their method is based on an integrated model, controlling all the stages of their product’s life — from research and development to sales, including design, production, and logistics.
With more than 11 billion euros in revenue by 2020, the group is committed to continuous innovation in their products, the services offered in stores, and the development of cross channel, and customer satisfaction.
The company relies on agile technology to reinforce transparency and the collaboration of indirect procurement teams.
Known for their dynamism and creativity, Decathlon knew it was essential that they be equipped with the most advanced procurement solutions. With SpendHQ, the objective was to contribute to the deployment of indirect procurement policy and to ensure continuous procurement performance on a global scale. During the four-week project phase, the buyers’ teams were involved in defining the platform’s parameters and enabling the operating methods. Those were tested and successfully configured during the initial test phase.
What Decathlon says about SpendHQ
“Decathlon now utilizes a user-friendly and scalable solution to manage, optimize, and make procurement performance visible.” – Buyer, Decathlon
The following elements provided added value for Decathlon:
- Easy adoption for all buyers, regardless of their experience with previous tools or their position in the organization.
- The ability to pursue and enrich the action plans for upcoming periods.
- Improved interaction with key stakeholders that enhanced collaboration and transparency.
- Direct monitoring and reporting to help save time for teams.
Five months after the first discussion with SpendHQ, Decathlon’s indirect procurement platform was fully operational, approved, and acclaimed by users and management.
Editor’s note: SpendHQ’s procurement performance management solution used by this customer was originally named Per Angusta, with the renaming following Per Angusta’s merger with SpendHQ in July 2022